Thursday, July 23, 2009

Meet Bear the Horse

You may have read that I have a quirky horse named Bear. Bear is great, and if you met him, you'd love him. What makes him quirky, you ask? Here are two examples:

Example #1. He loves dogs. And cats. He likes to smell them and bury his nostrils in their fur. Dogs and cats don't always like him, though, because he's big.

"Puppies!," thinks Bear; "Ahhhh!," think puppies


Close-up on Bear's intense look of adoration.

Example #2. Here is his recently invented move for scratching those hard to reach places:



Apparently, he's taught at least one other horse how to do this.

So, now you know a little bit more about Bear. Food blogging resumes tomorrow.

2 comments:

Apryl said...

I just wanted to say that your photos are beautiful, and your breads look wonderful! I've been meaning to pick up a copy of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes, but haven't had the chance - plus I haven't been baking much lately. If you haven't already found it, visit The Fresh Loaf - they have so much baking information there - it's inspiring! I may have to dig out the bowls and get a batch of poolish going! Please visit my blog if you have the chance!

kar said...

Apryl: Thanks for much for the compliments! Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes is so great and so easy-- I highly recommend it. Thanks for the website recommendation!