Saturday, September 5, 2009

New camera in action: green beans!


I just received a new power cord for my laptop. Hooray! So, I have another picture from my new camera to share.

Over the past few weeks, I've received several large quantities of green beans, courtesy of my mom's plentiful bean patch. I made stir fry earlier in the week and minced waaaay too much garlic and ginger, and that's how this recipe arose...

Green Beans with Garlic and Ginger
Serves 4

1 pound green beans, washed and ends trimmed (either left whole or cut into pieces)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil, if you prefer)
Salt

Steam green beans until still quite crisp, 6-8 minutes. Drain off water if any remains. Push green beans to one side of skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat in open part of skillet, then add garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, then mix the beans, garlic, and ginger. Continue cooking until the beans reach the desired point of tenderness and the garlic and ginger are deliciously golden brown. Season with salt, if desired.

4 comments:

Chocolate Shavings said...

Freshly picked beans from your mom must have made this recipe over the top!

Mrs Ergül said...

Fresh green beans?! That must have been so lovely!

kar said...

Chocolate Shavings and Mrs Ergul: Fresh green beans are truly a treat! It takes a summer of picking weeds and fending off deer, but it's worth it. Although, really, my parents did all the work and I just got to enjoy them! :)

Spencer said...

Green beans are looking so delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!! You have taken nice picture of green beans with your new camera...